Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Diet Dog

I rarely go to Wal-Mart. Not because I don't want to, but because the closest one is thirty miles from my house. So yesterday, I was so excited when I was in the area, had twenty-two dollars in my pocket and could rush over and fill a cart or two with bargains. I'm walking in the shampoo aisle (maybe that should have clued me in) and stumbled across one of my favorite things--a new box of "100 calorie" snacks. Reaching for the colorful box, I stoped suddenly gasping outloud. It said "doggy treats." I'm not kidding. They were 100 calorie DOG TREATS!!! I laughed so hard I'm sure they were calling security, but really, isn't that a scream? I fished in my purse for my cell phone to hurry up and call the only friend I have who owns a dog, but the silly thing had a dead battery. So I couldn't tell anyone. I think it's funny anyway. Kind of reminds me of the time I was in a Caracus grocery store and tossed into my cart what I thought was tuna--but then noticed the only english on the label saying "The happy cat." Two close calls in one lifetime. Hmm. I wonder how much weight I would lose.....nah.

No comments: